Have you been injured because of a crime? You are entitled to compensation and you may be able to obtain compensation from two different sources.
You may be able to obtain compensation through a lawsuit but you can also file a claim with the New York State Office of Victim Services.
Unless the perpetrator of a crime has the money or a good job, to obtain compensation through a lawsuit, the lawyer has to find insurance coverage.
An example of the type of crime where a civil lawsuit would probably not be successful in obtaining compensation from the perpetrator is where a person is walking down the street when suddenly punched by a homeless person.
A lawsuit may be successful in obtaining substantial compensation for many other types of crimes. Some examples are:
- Sexual assault of a child by an employee of a company or organization.
- Sexual assault of an employee or customer by an employee of a company or organization.
- A victim of a violent crime where there was inadequate security.
- A bar or restaurant may be liable for serving too much alcohol where someone was assaulted by a drunk customer or employee.
- A bar or restaurant may be liable for serving too much alcohol where someone was injured in a car accident by a drunk customer or employee.
- College or university students who have been sexually assaulted may have a Title IX case against the college or university.
- Vehicular assault or manslaughter: Hit & Run, DUI / DWI / DWAI, Reckless Driving, drag racing, or a stolen car.
If you have been injured or know someone who was killed because of a violent crime and you think there was a company or organization which was negligent, call the HURT911® Personal Injury Dream Team™ right now 7 days/nights for a free consultation with no obligation at 1-800-HURT-911 >> 1-800-487-8911
Get the 1-800-HUR-T911® Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service!
Please take a look at some of our:
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed
What will happen when I call 1-800-HURT-911 or chat?
- Our call center operators and chat operators are available 24/7.
- Just give your contact info to our operator and Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. will call you within 5-10 minutes for your free, no-obligation consultation during the hours of 8 am – 10 pm. After hours, Rob will call you in the morning or at the time you want.
- Then just text or call us any time you want during your case!
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
You can speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Watch Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talk about New York Serious Injury Attorneys.com, difficult cases, and the 1-800-HURT-911® Dream Team™
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Rob began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.