NY Employee Accident Attorneys at 1-800-HURT-911®
An employee who was injured in an accident is covered by workers’ compensation which provides insurance coverage for medical and lost wage benefits.
Employees cannot sue his/her employer for personal injuries. However, under certain conditions, an employee can receive worker’s compensation and sue for personal injuries.
Examples of when an employee can receive both workers compensation and money from a personal injury lawsuit:
- An employee who was driving a car for work and was hit by another car can sue the driver and owner of the other car.
- An employee working on a loading dock is injured by a forklift operated by a truck driver employed by another company delivering merchandise.
- An employee injured on a construction site can almost always receive money from a personal injury claim (these claims are often worth over $1 million)
- An employee injures a finger while operating a punch press because the foot pedal sticks or because a guard was removed. The employee may have a product liability case and may be able to sue the employer for removing the guard.
- An employee with a catastrophic injury such as an amputation.
- If you were injured because of your employer’s intentional or egregious conduct.
- If you were injured by a toxic substance, you might be able to bring a toxic tort lawsuit against the manufacturer of the toxic substance, such as asbestos.
- If your employer did not provide you with workers’ compensation insurance, you might be able to sue your employer or be covered by the New York State fund.
If you were injured while working, please call us immediately so we can advise you if you can receive money for a personal injury claim in addition to Worker’s Compensation.
Get the HURT911® Personal Injury Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service.
Please take a look at some of our:
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
Then continue to speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talks about difficult cases and the HURT911® Personal Injury Dream Team™