- 1 Can I Change My Personal Injury Lawyer in New York?
- 2 3 Tips on How to Change Your Personal Injury Lawyer in New York
- 3 Should I Call Another Personal Injury Lawyer if a Lawyer Didn’t Want My Case?
- 4 Can I Get a Second Opinion From a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- 5 You Think You Hired the Wrong Personal Injury Lawyer in New York
- 6 What Do I Do if My Personal Injury Lawyer Doesn’t Want to Represent Me Anymore?
- 7 Will It Cost Me More Money to Change My Personal Injury Lawyer?
- 8 Will Changing Lawyers Hurt Or Delay My Personal Injury Case?
- 9 Do I have To Call My Personal Injury Lawyer To Change Lawyers?
- 10 What Should I Do Now?
- 11 Comments
Can I Change My Personal Injury Lawyer in New York?
Yes. You can change to a new personal injury lawyer in New York at any time, for any reason, and as many times as you want without any extra cost to you.
3 Tips on How to Change Your Personal Injury Lawyer in New York
TIP: Get a free consultation with another personal injury lawyer for a second opinion before you fire your current personal injury lawyer.
Although you are allowed to change your personal injury attorney, you may not be able to find another personal injury lawyer willing to take your accident case. That’s why you should get a second opinion before you fire your current personal injury lawyer.
TIP: If your personal injury lawyer is dropping your case, call other personal injury lawyers but don’t tell them your lawyer doesn’t want to represent you anymore. That’s a big red flag to personal injury lawyers and they will likely not want to consider your case.
TIP: If you already changed your personal injury lawyer and are trying to change your personal injury lawyer again to a 3rd lawyer, it may be more difficult unless you have a very valuable personal injury case. The reason is that while it will not cost you any extra money, each of your previous lawyers is entitled to part of the legal fee, leaving less for your last lawyer.
Should I Call Another Personal Injury Lawyer if a Lawyer Didn’t Want My Case?
Yes. You should always get a second opinion if you went to a personal injury lawyer who did not want your case or after taking your case your personal injury lawyer no longer wants to represent you.
We represented many personal injury clients who were turned down by other personal injury lawyers.
We settled a car accident case for $750,000 for a client in the Bronx who had back pain and went to a lawyer who didn’t want the case until she got some medical treatment. If that lawyer took her case, she probably wouldn’t have been happy with him and he probably would have settled it for $15,000.
Call Founding Partner Rob Plevy right now for your free consultation!
We’ll call you back within minutes!
Can I Get a Second Opinion From a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Yes. People frequently get a second opinion from another doctor. It’s the same with lawyers and personal injury lawyers don’t charge a fee for a consultation or a second opinion.
You Think You Hired the Wrong Personal Injury Lawyer in New York
Often you liked the personal injury lawyer when you signed the retainer but afterward, the lawyer doesn’t seem interested in you or your case and the lawyer won’t communicate with you anymore.
12 reasons people change their personal injury lawyer:
- My lawyer doesn’t return phone calls, emails, or texts and I cannot get to speak with my lawyer.
- I only get to speak to my lawyer’s secretary.
- I can’t find out what’s going on with my case.
- I’m not getting my No-Fault disability checks and my lawyer isn’t helping.
- I get the feeling that I am bothering my lawyer.
- My lawyer actually said, “I’m too busy to handle your case”.
- My lawyer is rude.
- My lawyer wants me to settle my case for too little.
- My lawyer doesn’t want to take my case to trial.
- My lawyer isn’t interested in my case.
- My lawyer doesn’t seem to know me or my case when I call.
- My lawyer doesn’t want to represent me anymore.
We recently became the second law firm for a client because he was unhappy that Cellino & Barnes wanted him to settle his accident case for $25,000. We settled his case for the entire $100,000 insurance policy.
What Do I Do if My Personal Injury Lawyer Doesn’t Want to Represent Me Anymore?
Surprisingly, we get a lot of calls from people who said their personal injury lawyer said he or she doesn’t want to represent them anymore.
4 reasons that your lawyer may tell you to get another lawyer:
- Your lawyer doesn’t get along with you.
- Your lawyer no longer thinks you have a good case.
- Your lawyer disagrees with you about how much your case is worth.
- Your lawyer wants you to settle for a lot less money than you want.
Now that you know how to change your personal injury lawyer, if your personal injury lawyer told you that he or she doesn’t want to represent you anymore, call us now!
Will It Cost Me More Money to Change My Personal Injury Lawyer?
No. Your legal fee will remain the same at 1/3 of what the personal injury lawyer gets you, no matter how many times you change your personal injury lawyer.
We will work out with your previous lawyer how much of the 1/3 legal fee will be paid by us to your previous personal injury lawyer.
Will Changing Lawyers Hurt Or Delay My Personal Injury Case?
No. Another lawyer will probably be able to get you more money and maybe even quicker. If you are unhappy with your current lawyer it’s probably for a good reason. The sooner you get a new personal injury lawyer, the better it will be for you.
Do I have To Call My Personal Injury Lawyer To Change Lawyers?
No. Your new personal injury lawyer will contact your previous personal injury lawyer to arrange to transfer your file.
What Should I Do Now?
Now that you know how to change your personal injury lawyer in New York, just call us or give your name and number to the operator in the chat window for a free second opinion with no pressure.
If you sign a retainer with us, we will contact your personal injury lawyer and arrange everything. You won’t have to speak with your lawyer or do anything!
Get the 1-800-HUR-T911® Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed!
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service!
Please take a look at some of our:
What will happen when I call 1-800-HURT-911 or chat?
- Our call center operators and chat operators are available 24/7.
- Just give your contact info to our operator and Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. will call you within 5-10 minutes for your free, no-obligation consultation during the hours of 8 am – 10 pm. After hours, Rob will call you in the morning or at the time you want.
- Then just text or call us any time you want during your case!
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
You can speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll even get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Watch Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talk about New York Serious Injury Attorneys.com, difficult cases, and the 1-800-HURT-911® Dream Team™
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Rob began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.