What is a Preliminary Conference in New York Supreme Court?
The Preliminary Conference is usually the first court appearance in personal injury lawsuits in New York.
The purpose of a Preliminary Conference is to obtain a Court Order ordering the dates for completion of all the steps necessary to finish your case and the types of documents and other items to be exchanged such as:
- Authorizations for medical records
- Authorizations for medical insurance files
- Authorizations for employment information
- Electronic discovery (email, Facebook, etc.)
- Accident reports
- Photographs, and
- The plaintiff’s Bill of Particulars.
- The defendant’s Bill of Particulars
- Defendant’s insurance policy
The Preliminary Conference Order will also provide various dates for items such as:
- Depositions of both you and the defendants
- Physical examinations (usually within 30-60 days of the deposition) of you by the defendant’s doctors
- Certain motions
- Compliance Conference
- Certification Conference
- Date to certify the case as ready for trial
Do I Have to Go to the Preliminary Court Conference?
You will not be at the Preliminary Conference or other conferences. Only the attorneys representing you and the defendants in your case will appear at the Preliminary Conference.
You will have to appear for your deposition and physical exams. We will notify you of the date of your deposition and you will meet with us at our office before your deposition to prepare you for your deposition (see how we will prepare you for your deposition).
The date of your deposition is scheduled by the court but, if it is inconvenient for you, we will be able to reschedule it to a more convenient date. When we notify you of your deposition date when it is scheduled.
We will also notify you of the dates of your physical exams. We will meet with you 30 minutes before your physical exam to prepare you (see how we will prepare you for your physical exams).
Get the 1-800-HUR-T911® Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed!
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service!
Please take a look at some of our:
What will happen when I call 1-800-HURT-911 or chat?
- Our call center operators and chat operators are available 24/7.
- Just give your contact info to our operator and Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. will call you within 5-10 minutes for your free, no-obligation consultation during the hours of 8 am – 10 pm. After hours, Rob will call you in the morning or at the time you want.
- Then just text or call us any time you want during your case!
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
You can speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll even get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Watch Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talk about New York Serious Injury Attorneys.com, difficult cases, and the 1-800-HURT-911® Dream Team™
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Rob began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.