- 1 Types of Forklift Accidents
- 2 Who is at Fault for Causing a Forklift accident?
- 3 How Much Money Can I Get When I Have a Forklift Accident?
- 4 Speeding Up Your Case and Getting Paid 9% Interest!
- 5 Types of Forklift Trucks Involved in Accidents
- 6 Have a Question or Comment About a Forklift Accident? Leave a Comment!
Types of Forklift Accidents
Forklift accidents are caused when someone is struck by a forklift, by merchandise it was carrying or by merchandise dropped on the injured person. You may have been a:
- Customer struck by a forklift in a warehouse store
- Construction worker at a construction worksite
- Worker on a loading dock
- Employee of another company delivering merchandise or for any other reason on the property of the company operating the forklift and struck by the forklift; or
- Employee of the company with the forklift injured by the forklift operator.
If you were injured by your employer’s forklift and you were working at the time of the forklift accident, you will have a Worker’s Compensation case.
Even if you were injured by your employer’s forklift, you may also have a personal injury case because there is often a company, other than your employer, that can be sued. You can have both a Worker’s Compensation case and a personal injury case at the same time.
Almost every forklift injury is a serious injury caused by someone else’s negligence and covered by a lot of insurance. If you have been injured in a forklift accident, we want to represent you!
Who is at Fault for Causing a Forklift accident?
Forklift accidents are almost always caused by the negligence of the forklift operator and the company employing the forklift operator.
How Much Money Can I Get When I Have a Forklift Accident?
Small companies using a forklift usually have at least $1 Million insurance coverage. Large companies often have much more. Companies are responsible for the injuries caused and their assets can be used to reimburse you for your injuries if they don’t have enough insurance.
Someone struck by a forklift will likely suffer a serious injury such as a broken bone, torn ligament such as an Achilles tendon tear, neck/back injury, or far more serious injuries such as a crushing injury to a foot, arm, finger, or another body part.
As you can see from the settlement check below, even a neck injury that was previously injured before the forklift accident, settled for the entire $1 million insurance policy. Most forklift accidents involve injuries worth much more than $1 million and the insurance policies are often significantly more than $1 million.
Speeding Up Your Case and Getting Paid 9% Interest!
We can often prove that the forklift operator was 100% at fault by filing a motion for Summary Judgment which asks the court to award you 100% fault against the forklift operator and the company employing him/her. When Summary Judgment is granted, it speeds up your case and awards you 9% interest on your damages including pain and suffering!
We obtained a settlement of the entire $1 million policy within weeks of winning a Summary Judgment motion finding that the forklift operator was 100% at fault and awarding 9% interest to our client. The company went out of business just after the accident. Our client fell backward on the floor when hit by a forklift and she re-injured her neck requiring surgery (she had prior surgery for a previous existing neck injury).
Types of Forklift Trucks Involved in Accidents
There are several types of forklift trucks including gas or electric-powered and ones that are driven or ones that are hand-operated. There are many brands including HILO which is often used generically when people call a forklift, a HILO.
This forklift is at a warehouse store lifting merchandise with the aisle properly protected to protect customers from being injured by the forklift or from the merchandise falling
Types of Forklifts
- Class I: Electric Motor Rider Trucks
- Class II: Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Trucks
- Class III: Electric Motor Hand Trucks or Hand/Rider Trucks
- Class IV: Internal Combustion Engine Trucks (Solid/Cushion Tires)
- Class V: Internal Combustion Engine Trucks (Pneumatic Tires)
- Class VI: Electric and Internal Combustion Engine Tractors
- Class VII: Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks
If you have been injured by a forklift, we want to represent you!
Get the 1-800-HUR-T911® Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed!
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service!
Please take a look at some of our:
What will happen when I call 1-800-HURT-911 or chat?
- Our call center operators and chat operators are available 24/7.
- Just give your contact info to our operator and Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. will call you within 5-10 minutes for your free, no-obligation consultation during the hours of 8 am – 10 pm. After hours, Rob will call you in the morning or at the time you want.
- Then just text or call us any time you want during your case!
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
You can speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll even get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Watch Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talk about New York Serious Injury Attorneys.com, difficult cases, and the 1-800-HURT-911® Dream Team™
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Rob began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.