What Kind of Lawyer Do You Need for a Trip and Fall Accident?
When you are injured in a “trip and fall” accident, you need a personal injury attorney who is also a trip and fall accident lawyer.
A trip and fall accident describes the type of accident when someone trips over something, resulting in an injury.
When your fall is at least partially because of the negligence of someone or a company, or negligent design, we can represent you so you can be compensated for your personal injury, medical expenses, and lost wages,
Are Trip and Fall Accidents and Slip and Fall Accidents Handled by the Same Attorney?
Yes. Slip and fall accidents and trip and fall accidents are handled by the same type of personal injury lawyer. The personal injury attorneys at 1-800-HURT-911® represent clients injured in both slip and fall accidents and trip and fall accidents.
What’s The Difference Between a Trip and Fall Accident and a Slip and Fall Accident?
As the name implies, the difference is a trip and fall accident is caused when someone trips on an uneven surface, a defect on the surface, an object, or falls in a hole. A slip and fall accident is caused when someone slips on a slippery surface or on a substance that is slippery.
See some examples below of trip and fall accidents.
Trip and Fall Accident
“Trip and fall” accident attorneys represent people who are injured when someone trips and falls.
Is a trip and fall accident the same as a pedestrian accident? No. While a person injured in a trip and fall accident may be a pedestrian. Trip and fall accident lawyers refer to pedestrian accidents as when a pedestrian is hit by a car.
Injured? Call 1-800-HURT-911® New York’s Personal InjuryDream Team™ right now for your free consultation!
We’ll call you back within minutes!
No Win — No Fees
— GUARANTEED! ™
See how Nyda got a new house! What will you do with your settlement money?
What Causes Trip and Fall Accidents
Most Trip and Fall Accidents are caused by one of the following dangerous and hazardous conditions:
- Unlevel sidewalk
- Two areas of flooring that are not level
- Something left on the stairs or floor such as toys, clothing, tools, or something else.
Examples of Trip and Fall Accidents We Settled for Our Clients
- Many clients tripped on unlevel sidewalks.
- A client tripped on tools left on the stairs leading to the garage in his son’s house.
- A client tripped on a raised floor when entering a bathroom in a doctor’s office. The bathroom floor was higher than the floor in the hallway.
- A client tripped on a toy left on a walkway.
- A client fell in a hole in a gravel-covered parking lot. The hole was filled in with gravel but due to erosion, the gravel was no longer level with the rest of the parking lot. The client had a meniscus tear in his knee and required arthroscopic surgery.
- A client fell in a rut/hole in a shopping center parking lot fracturing her elbow.
- A client fell into a manhole that was missing the manhole cover.
This photo shows an unlevel floor that caused a trip and fall accident with a serious injury
There are many other ways that someone can trip because of someone else’s negligence.
A trip and fall accident when a pedestrian is injured while walking past a construction site is a trip and fall accident. But when a construction worker is injured on a construction site the case is a construction accident case.
With so many sidewalks, there are many sidewalk defects causing many serious injuries.
Trivia question: How many miles of sidewalks are in New York City where someone can trip and fall?
Answer: There are 12,750 miles of sidewalks in New York City which means plenty of accident cases for a trip and fall lawyer in New York City.
Does a Warning Sign Mean That I Can’t File a Lawsuit?
No. A warning sign may reduce the liability of the defendant, but it does not mean that the defendant has no responsibility for causing your injury.
You can receive money to compensate you for your personal injury, medical expenses, and lost wages even if the defendant has a warning sign or you were partially at fault.
Things You Should Do After Your Fall
- Take pictures or have someone take pictures of the accident scene.
- Get the name and phone number of anyone who may have witnessed your fall.
- Immediately report your accident to the property owner or property security company. Be sure to get a copy of the accident report. If you are taken to the hospital by ambulance, do not worry about that.
- Keep the shoes you were wearing at the time of the accident – do not wear them again.
- Place the clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident in a plastic bag. Do not wash them.
- If you have suffered any visible injury take photographs or we can do that for you.
- Go to the hospital emergency room immediately. Tell the doctor about every area of your body in which you are experiencing pain. It is very important to make a record of your injury.
- DO NOT speak about your case or give any statements to any employees or insurance representatives. Do not speak with anyone other than your trip and fall accident lawyer.
We have represented clients in both Slip & Fall and Trip & Fall accidents against supermarkets, municipalities, stores, schools, office buildings, restaurants, and shopping centers.
Get the 1-800-HUR-T911® Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
We’ll immediately protect you from the insurance companies!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed!
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service!
Please take a look at some of our:
What will happen when I call 1-800-HURT-911 or chat?
- Our call center operators and chat operators are available 24/7.
- Just give your contact info to our operator and Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. will call you within 5-10 minutes for your free, no-obligation consultation during the hours of 8 am – 10 pm. After hours, Rob will call you in the morning or at the time you want.
- Then just text or call us any time you want during your case!
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
You can speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll even get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Watch Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talk about New York Serious Injury Attorneys.com, difficult cases, and the 1-800-HURT-911® Dream Team™
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Rob began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.