Q. Should I use a legal plan Personal Injury lawyer for my accident case?
A. No. While you will get a discounted legal fee, will get a much lower settlement.
Legal plans provide a lot of legal services at cut-rate prices and for some people and some legal issues, that’s good. But for personal injury and accident cases, it’s a bad idea.
- 1 What Is the Legal Plan Discount for Personal Injury Accidents?
- 2 Is the Legal Plan Discount for Personal Injury a Good Deal?
- 3 Example Showing the Possible Difference between a Legal Plan and a Personal Injury Lawyer
- 4 Have a Question or Comment About Should I Use a Legal Plan Personal Injury Lawyer for My Accident? Leave a Comment!
What Is the Legal Plan Discount for Personal Injury Accidents?
If you’re a member of a legal plan you can get a discount rate if you have been injured in an accident.
The discount for personal injury and accidents is usually a legal fee of 25% instead of 1/3. But when you pay a discount legal fee your lawyer has an incentive to save time and settle your personal injury case cheap.
Is the Legal Plan Discount for Personal Injury a Good Deal?
Personal injury is one area of law where it’s never a good idea to use a legal plan because:
- No one ever has to pay any money upfront to a personal injury lawyer.
- Legal plans use general practice law firms, not personal injury law firms.
- You’ll get a lot less money for your injury when your lawyer is looking for a quick settlement because he or she isn’t getting paid the full fee.
- Legal plan lawyers are very busy because they do volume work and they don’t have time to do a good job on your personal injury case.
Speaking to an attorney friend who owns a general practice law firm in New York working for a legal plan, prompted this article.
My friend said their law firm does all kinds of legal work and is a high-volume law firm. She described it as a law firm with “$2 per hour legal plan lawyers for people looking to pay $1 per hour”.
Call New York’s HURT911® Personal Injury Dream Team™ right now for your free consultation!
We’ll call you back within minutes!
No Win — No Fees
— GUARANTEED! ™
Example Showing the Possible Difference between a Legal Plan and a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you need an uncontested divorce, a legal plan can probably give you a great price but if you have been injured in an accident, it could mean the difference between settling a case for $35,000 or $750,000.
Using this example, with a legal plan, you’ll pay a legal fee of $8,750 and take home $26,250. With a personal injury lawyer who has the time to get the most amount of money for you, you’ll pay a legal fee of $250,000 and take home $500,000.
Should I use a legal plan lawyer for my accident case? We think you know the answer now.
Our legal fee is only 1/3 of what we get for you. Our legal fee is paid at the end of your case out of the money we get for you and we never charge a legal fee if we don’t get money for you. Additionally, we never nickel and dime our clients with many expenses other personal injury lawyers charge.
Then take a look at our personal injury legal fees and services.
Never call a legal plan when you’re injured in an accident. Always call a real personal injury lawyer.
Get the 1-800-HUR-T911® Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed!
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service!
Please take a look at some of our:
What will happen when I call 1-800-HURT-911 or chat?
- Our call center operators and chat operators are available 24/7.
- Just give your contact info to our operator and Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. will call you within 5-10 minutes for your free, no-obligation consultation during the hours of 8 am – 10 pm. After hours, Rob will call you in the morning or at the time you want.
- Then just text or call us any time you want during your case!
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
You can speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll even get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Watch Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talk about New York Serious Injury Attorneys.com, difficult cases, and the 1-800-HURT-911® Dream Team™
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Rob began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.