Electrical Accidents Causing Shock, Burns or Electrocution
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. and Robert T. Plevy, Esq., the attorneys at FRANCKEL & PLEVY, LLP will aggressively investigate electrical accidents and pursue claims against negligent property owners, contractors and other negligent parties.
To investigate the electrical accident which caused your injury, we will use expert witnesses at Robson Forensic to identify the exact cause of the accident, determine who is at fault, and to testify at trial if necessary.
You or someone you know may be entitled to significant compensation if an injury was caused by electric shock or electrocution. Persons and companies responsible for negligence causing injury from an electric accident, usually have substantial insurance policies to adequately compensate you for your injuries.
Causes of Electrical Accidents
Electric shock and electrocution accidents can occur because of the negligence of electrical contractors. However, another contractor may create a dangerous condition near electric wires. Additionally, building owners or inspectors may fail to make the premises safe for workers and residents.
Other causes include:
- Exposed electric wires or sources of electricity
- Appliance or tool in contact with an electric source
- Appliance or tool which is improperly grounded
- Work performed by a non-licensed electrician
- Substandard wiring
- Improper grounding
- Improper loading
- Failure to turn off electricity
- Worn or damaged insulation
- Non-insulated wiring
- Improper wiring connection
- Damaged, defective or improper circuit breaker
- Damaged or defective electrical component, and
- Inadequate training.
Serious Injuries Caused by Electrical Accidents:
- Tissue destruction including tissue death also known as necrosis
- Loss of one or more fingers, hands, toes, feet, arms or legs
- Nerve damage
- Brain damage, including TBI (traumatic brain injury) or MTBI (mild traumatic brain injury)
- Wrongful death
If you or someone you know has been injured or killed because of an electrical accident or electric shock, speak with attorneys Phil Franckel and Rob Plevy as soon as possible.
Call Phil Franckel direct days/nights/weekends for a free consultation
or email us if you want us to call you.