- 1 Use the HURT911® Personal Injury Settlement Calculator To:
- 2 The HURT911® Personal Injury Settlement Calculator Can Be Used:
- 3 How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Take From Your Settlement?
- 4 How Online Personal Injury Settlement Calculators Calculate Settlement Value
- 5 Can an Online Personal Injury Settlement Calculator Tell You The Correct Settlement Value?
- 6 Computer Software Programs That Estimate Personal Injury Settlement Value
- 7 Free Personal Injury Settlement Calculator By HURT911®
Use the HURT911® Personal Injury Settlement Calculator To:
- Decide if it’s worth calling a personal injury lawyer or settling your own claim (see Can I settle my own personal injury claim).
- Answer the question, how much does a lawyer take from a settlement?
- Find out how much you should get when your case settles.
- Find out if your personal injury lawyer gave you the correct amount of money. (You may also want to see how long it takes to get your settlement check)
The HURT911® Personal Injury Settlement Calculator Can Be Used:
- When you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer.
- During the course of your personal injury case, when considering a settlement offer.
- While you’re waiting for your personal injury settlement check as a personal injury attorney fee calculator to calculate the attorney fee, or
- After you received your personal injury settlement check as a personal injury attorney fee calculator to calculate the attorney fee.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Take From Your Settlement?
The HURT911® Personal Injury Settlement Calculator will calculate how much money you will get once you know the settlement amount and will tell you how much a personal injury attorney will take from your settlement.
How Online Personal Injury Settlement Calculators Calculate Settlement Value
Personal injury calculators online will give you a settlement value but they are worthless and designed to get your information to sell to a personal injury lawyer.
We get emails every day from companies trying to sell us leads obtained from people using personal injury settlement value calculators. Some personal injury settlement value calculators are used on lawyer’s websites to obtain your information for themselves.
Online personal injury settlement value calculators ask you to fill out the following information:
- % You Were at Fault
- Medical Expenses
- Property Damage
- Lost Earnings
- Lost Income
- Estimated Future Medical Expenses
- Estimated Future Lost Income, and
- a Multiplier for General Damages
Beware of the multiplier! The multiplier multiplies the “special” or economic damages by a number from 3 to 5 to come up with a settlement value.
Insurance company claim reps use a multiplier to offer you a very low settlement. The multiplier offers “proof” of settlement value but this is bullshit. You cannot determine injury value or case value using a multiplier. If you do, you will settle for much less than your case is worth.
Unfortunately, there is no free or paid personal injury settlement calculator available to the public online or to lawyers that will indicate either what your personal injury case is worth or the value of your injury.
Can an Online Personal Injury Settlement Calculator Tell You The Correct Settlement Value?
No. Personal Injury Settlement Calculators cannot tell you how much your case is worth. It is impossible. Not even artificial intelligence can ever decide how much a case is worth. It’s like examining art to decide if it’s an important work or not. You’ll never get everyone to agree!
Online personal injury settlement calculators look at only 7 or 8 points of facts but there are several hundred points of facts with a myriad of answers that must be considered to calculate the settlement value of a personal injury case. It’s just too difficult to assign a value to each one.
Besides the fact that hundreds or even thousands of facts determine the value, a personal injury settlement calculator cannot know the negotiating ability of your personal injury lawyer.
Additionally, no personal injury lawyer can estimate settlement value at the beginning of a case. Even if the lawyer knows the value of an obviously serious injury such as someone who became a quadriplegic which could be worth $50 Million or lost a leg which could be worth $12 Million, there is no way to know at the beginning of a case how much insurance or assets are available.
Injuries usually get worse over time increasing settlement value and many other facts must be investigated. We have had many clients who had surgery one or two years after an accident when their injury became worse and the settlement value increase by a million dollars.
That’s why our calculator will not tell you what your personal injury case is worth or the value of your injury. Our calculator will tell you what you will get from your personal injury case assuming several facts.
Computer Software Programs That Estimate Personal Injury Settlement Value
There aren’t any sophisticated worthwhile personal injury settlement calculators available to the public. There is one called Colossus, created by Allstate, that is available only to insurance companies. There used to be another one available to anyone willing to buy it. But both Colossus and the other personal injury settlement software are worthless.
Allstate made the most sophisticated attempt to build a personal injury settlement value calculator called Colossus but Colossus has three problems that cheat you.
- Colossus can be manipulated.
- Colossus is designed by an insurance company to benefit insurance companies.
- Colossus is still a computer program that can’t doesn’t take into account every fact and nuance of a personal injury case.
Read what a former Allstate claims manager said about how Colossus is manipulated.
Personal Injury Settlement Software For Lawyers
I used to pay an expensive annual fee to use a personal injury settlement calculator that also was a sophisticated computer software program similar to Colossus.
Made for personal injury lawyers, defense lawyers, and insurance companies, the personal injury settlement software was created by a jury verdict research company but they stopped selling it years ago.
The software required entering several hundred pieces of data about a case and it would print a lengthy report showing settlement values at various times during the course of the personal injury case. The settlement value changes during the timeline of a personal injury case.
The calculator provided settlement values roughly 50% lower than my average settlement so I used the calculator to print a report to give to clients showing I was able to settle their case for much more than the computer software said the case was worth.
Free Personal Injury Settlement Calculator By HURT911®
Tips to use the personal injury settlement calculator:
- The personal injury legal fee in New York is 1/3. In some other states, it is as much as 40% or more.
- The Lawsuit Funding Payoff Amount and Amount You Received From Lawsuit Funding refers to a cash advance or lawsuit “loan”. Use our lawsuit loan calculator to get your Lawsuit Funding Payoff Amount. Find out more about cash advances and lawsuit funding.
If you’re not sure what your personal injury case is worth, look at some of our personal injury settlements and verdicts in New York to get an estimate of the value of your injury, and then use our Personal Injury Settlement Calculator.
Also, see what is included in our personal injury lawyer fees in New York and how they are calculated.
Get the 1-800-HUR-T911® Dream Team™ on your side and become a member of our family!
“Knowing I had a team of great lawyers on my side gave me a sense of power and peace of mind. They took care of everything for me. When a settlement was negotiated, I saw the difference a team of lawyers makes.”
No Win — No Fee — No Expenses — Guaranteed!
Attorneys who can get you the most amount of money AND provide personal service!
Please take a look at some of our:
What will happen when I call 1-800-HURT-911 or chat?
- Our call center operators and chat operators are available 24/7.
- Just give your contact info to our operator and Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. will call you within 5-10 minutes for your free, no-obligation consultation during the hours of 8 am – 10 pm. After hours, Rob will call you in the morning or at the time you want.
- Then just text or call us any time you want during your case!
Because any delay could cause you to lose viable rights and benefits, please call HURT-911® Founding Partner Rob Plevy, Esq. right now for a free consultation to find out your rights days/nights/weekends.
You can speak, text, or email with us whenever you want throughout your case and afterward, days/nights/weekends, and experience our famous personal service. You’ll even get our personal phone numbers so you can call or text anytime!
Watch Founding Partner Phil Franckel, Esq. talk about New York Serious Injury Attorneys.com, difficult cases, and the 1-800-HURT-911® Dream Team™
Philip L. Franckel, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York; He has a 10 Avvo rating; Avvo Client’s Choice with all 5-star reviews; Avvo Top Contributor; and a former Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Robert Plevy, Esq. is one of the HURT911® Dream Team™ Founding Partners at 1-800-HURT-911® New York. Rob began his legal career in 1993 as an Assistant Corporation Counsel defending The City of New York against personal injury lawsuits.